(4) Construction .— The term “construction” means the supervising, inspecting, actual building, and incurrence of all costs incidental to the construction or reconstruction of a highway or any project eligible for assistance under this title, including bond costs and other costs relating to the issuance in accordance with section 122 of bonds or other debt financing instruments and costs incurred by the State in performing Federal-aid project related audits that directly benefit the Federal-aid highway program. Such term includes— (A) preliminary engineering, engineering, and design-related services directly relating to the construction of a highway project, including engineering, design, project development and management, construction project management and inspection, surveying, assessing resilience, mapping (including the establishment of temporary and permanent geodetic control in accordance with specifications of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration), and architectural-related services; (B) reconstruction, resurfacing, restoration, rehabilitation, and preservation; (C) acquisition of rights-of-way; (D) relocation assistance, acquisition of replacement housing sites, and acquisition and rehabilitation, relocation, and construction of replacement housing; (E) elimination of hazards of railway-highway grade crossings; (F) elimination of roadside hazards; (G) improvements that directly facilitate and control traffic flow, such as grade separation of intersections, widening of lanes, channelization of traffic, traffic control systems, and passenger loading and unloading areas; (H) improvements that reduce the number of wildlife-vehicle collisions, such as wildlife crossing structures; and (I) capital improvements that directly facilitate an effective vehicle weight enforcement program, such as scales (fixed and portable), scale pits, scale installation, and scale houses.


23 USC § 101(a)(4)

Scoping language

None identified, default scope is assumed to be the parent (chapter 1) of this section.
Is this correct? or