Ala. Admin. Code r. 540-X-1-.03 - Meetings Of The Board
(1) The Board shall hold regularly scheduled meetings.
(2) Special meetings may be called at the request of the chairman.
(3) At least six members of the Board shall constitute a quorum and as such shall be competent to act.
(4) The executive director or his designee shall keep a record of all meetings. The place of each meeting of the Board, names of the members present, all official acts of the Board, and the votes shall be recorded in the minutes. The minutes shall be presented for approval or amendment at the next regular meeting, which upon approval will be signed and each page initialed by the chairman. The minutes, not including any section relating to the good name or character of an individual, shall be open to public inspection.
(5) All meetings of the Board, not including any part relating to the good name or character of an individual, shall be open and public. All reports of investigations; documents subpoenaed by the Board; reports of any investigative committee appointed by the Board; memoranda of the Board's counsel relating to investigations; statements of persons interviewed by the Board or any committee of the Board; all information, interviews, reports, statements or memoranda of any king furnished to the Board or any committee of the Board; and any findings, conclusions or recommendations resulting from proceedings of the board or any committee of the Board, unless presented as evidence at a public hearing, shall be privileged and confidential, shall be used only in the exercise of the proper functions of the Board, and shall not be public records nor be available for court subpoena or for discovery proceedings. Meetings of the Board in which any of the aforementioned items are received, reviewed, deliberated, voted on, or acted on by the Board shall be closed sessions, and any report or recording of the meeting shall be privileged and confidential.
(6) Meetings of the Board are governed by Sturgis Standard Code of Parliamentary Procedure and/or any amendments adopted by the Board.
Authors: Alabama Board of Medical Examiners
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 6-5-533, 34-24-53, 34-24-58; Ala. Act No. 2021-100.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.