Ala. Admin. Code r. 540-X-1-.16 - Fees Associated With Collaborative Practices
(1) Fee for New Collaborative Practice:
(a) At the time a physician enters into a collaborative practice agreement with a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) or a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), for the purpose of registering the collaborative practice, an initial commencement fee in the amount of Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00) and a completed collaborative practice commencement form shall be submitted to the Board.
(b) The collaborative practice commencement form will request the following:
1. Physician name, license number, primary practice specialty, primary practice address.
2. CRNP/CNM name, RN license number, national certification specialty, practice address.
3. Number of hours per week to practice in collaborative agreement.
4. Whether the practice is a remote practice, the physician's primary practice, patient homes, hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other.
5. Whether the collaborative practice will be solely by telemedicine. If yes, additional information may be solicited, including but not limited to:
(i) Plan for providing required medical oversight and direction to the CRNP/CNM.
(ii) Plan for completing required quality assurance reviews;
(iii) If no covering physician is named on the application, plan for being readily available at all times.
(iv) Detailed plan to meet requirement of meeting face to face no less than twice annually.
(v) Detailed plan to meet requirement of being physically present no less than 10% of the CRNP/CNM's scheduled hours if the CRNP/CNM has fewer than two years/4,000 hours of experience since being certified.
6. Whether the practice will be under a limited protocol for comprehensive physical exams or a limited protocol for long term care.
7. Physician's certification of understanding the responsibilities described in Board Rules Chapter 540-X-8.
8. Physician's certification that all covering physicians listed in the application have knowledge of their addition to the collaborative agreement, an understanding of Board Rules Chapter 540-X-8, and an awareness of their responsibilities in the collaborative agreement.
9. Physician's attestation of understanding of all quality assurance requirements contained in Board Rules Chapter 540-X-8.
(c) Payment of the initial fee and submission of the completed commencement form is established by the Board as a qualification for the physician to participate and engage in the collaborative practice.
(d) If the physician has not paid the initial fee and submitted a completed commencement form, the Board shall not approve the physician to participate in the collaborative practice.
Author: Alabama State Board of Medical Examiners
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 34-24-53, 34-24-340(b).
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.