(1) The Board of Control shall have two regular meetings each year, one in the spring and one in the fall.
(2) The actuary and the investment advisor shall meet with the Board annually upon request.
(3) The vice chairman of the Board of Control should make every effort to resolve all scheduling conflicts so as to set meeting dates when all members can attend.
(4) Special meetings may be called by the chairman, the vice chairman, or the secretary-treasurer when situations arise which require such special meetings or upon the written request of four or more members of the Board of Control.
All meetings of the Board of Control shall be open to the public at all times and all meetings at which official action is taken by the Board of Control shall be open to the public.
(a) Any resolution, rule, regulation, or formal action taken in noncompliance with this subdivision is invalid and not binding upon the Board of Control;
(b) The Board may meet in executive session for the purpose of discussing the reputation or good name of an individual; however, any formal action taken as a result of executive session must be made in open meeting.
(6) The secretary-treasurer of the Employees' Retirement System shall provide notice in either written or telephoned form to each member of the Board of Control. Notice of all meetings of the Board will be announced.
A record of all Board proceedings shall be open to public inspection. Such records shall be available in the office of the secretary-treasurer.
Author William T. Stephens, General Counsel, RSA.