13 AAC 62.020 - Emergency guard qualifications
(a) In order to be hired as an emergency employee as a prisoner guard for the Department of Public Safety as authorized by AS 39.25.120(c)(18), the person must be:
(1) a United States citizen or resident alien with valid work permit;
(2) a resident of this state;
(3) at least 19 years of age;
(4) neither addicted to nor dependent upon alcohol, narcotics, or other drugs;
(5) free from a psychopathic condition, or mental illness impairing the powers of memory, reason, judgment, or perception; and
(6) free from any conviction of a felony, any crime involving moral turpitude, or any crime preventing ownership or possession of a firearm within 10 years of hire, unless a full pardon has been granted by the appropriate authority.
(b) For purposes of (a)(6) of this section,
(1) "crime" means an act that was classified as a crime under AS 11 at the time that the crime was committed in Alaska, or a crime in another jurisdiction if the offense has elements similar to those under Alaska law; and
(2) "any crime involving moral turpitude" means the crime of
(A) murder, sexual assault, kidnapping, child sexual abuse, incest, arson, burglary, perjury, robbery, theft, fraud, unsworn falsification, or forgery; or
(B) misconduct involving a controlled substance, misconduct involving a weapon, assault, reckless endangerment, or contributing to the delinquency of a minor, if that crime involved a victim under 18 years of age, disabled, elderly, or under the perpetrator's care and custody at the time of the offense.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.