15 AAC 23.123 - Application on behalf of a disabled, incompetent, or other adult

Current through April 6, 2022

(a) An application for a dividend filed on behalf of another adult must comply with the requirements of 15 AAC 23.103.
(b) An application for a dividend may be filed on behalf of a disabled adult only by the disabled adult's spouse, parent, legal guardian, or other authorized representative. Medical documentation regarding the disability must be provided with the disabled individual's application.
(c) An application for a dividend may be filed on behalf of an incompetent adult only by the incompetent adult's parent, guardian, or conservator appointed under AS 13.26 or under other similar provision of law of this state or of another jurisdiction.
(d) An individual, to whom a power of attorney has been granted, may file an application for a dividend on behalf of an adult, if the power of attorney is a general power of attorney or the power of attorney specifically authorizes the individual to file a dividend application on the adult's behalf.
(e) Evidence of the authority of the individual applying on behalf of an adult under (b), (c), or (d) of this section must be attached to the application, and the circumstances requiring the signature by someone other than the applicant must be clearly set out and explained. The individual making application on behalf of another adult must certify to the facts underlying the adult's eligibility for a dividend and must sign the application on behalf of the adult.


15 AAC 23.123
Eff. 1/1/93, Register 124; am 1/1/2006, Register 176; am 1/1/2008, Register 184

Authority:AS 43.23.015

AS 43.23.055

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.