7 AAC 40.240 - Income and resources of spouses
(a) The income and resources of an applicant's spouse who is living with him are considered income and resources of the applicant.
(b) For the purposes of this section "spouse" includes
(1) persons who are legally married; and
(2) unmarried persons who live together and hold themselves out to the community as husband and wife.
(c) In this section, "living with" means residing as a family unit in a single residence, except that
(1) spouses, both of whom are otherwise eligible for assistance, who have separated without either having taken another spouse are rebuttably presumed to be living together unless they have been separated for six months;
(2) spouses, only one of whom is otherwise eligible for assistance, who have separated are rebuttably presumed to no longer live together on the first day of the calendar month following the month of separation; and
(3) spouses who have separated because one spouse enters long-term medical or nursing care are considered to no longer live together on the first day of the calendar month following the month of separation.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.