Sec. 18 AAC 83.305 - Permit application forms and general information requirements
§ 18 AAC 83.305. Permit application forms and general information requirements
(a) A person required by 18 AAC 83.015 to obtain an APDES permit shall submit an application to the department providing the information required by (b) of this section, if applicable, and by the applicable parts of 18 AAC 83.310 - 18 AAC 83.360 and 18 AAC 83.380. The application must be submitted on one or more of the EPA forms listed in this section, or on the department equivalent of the listed EPA form:
(1) for an applicant other than a POTW and other treatment works treating domestic sewage, EPA Form 1, revised as of August 1, 1990, adopted by reference, and the following additional forms, if applicable:
(A) for an applicant that is a concentrated animal feeding operation or aquatic animal production facility, EPA Form 2B, revised as of February 12, 2003, adopted by reference;
(B) for an applicant that is an existing industrial facility, including manufacturing facilities, commercial facilities, mining activities, and silvicultural activities, EPA Form 2C, revised as of August 1, 1990, adopted by reference;
(C) for an applicant that is a new industrial facility that discharges process wastewater, EPA Form 2D, revised as of August 1, 1990, adopted by reference;
(D) for an applicant that is a new or existing industrial facility that discharges only non-process wastewater, EPA Form 2E, revised as of August 1, 1990, adopted by reference;
(E) for an applicant that is a new or existing facility whose discharge is composed entirely of storm water associated with industrial activity, EPA Form 2F, unless the applicant is exempted by 40 C.F.R. 122.26(c)(1)(ii), adopted by reference in 18 AAC 83.010; if the applicant's discharge is composed of storm water and non-storm water, EPA Forms 2C, 2D, or 2E, as appropriate;
(2) for an applicant that is a new or existing POTW, EPA Form 2A, revised as of January 14, 1999, adopted by reference.
(b) An applicant for an APDES permit other than a POTW and other treatment works treating domestic sewage, shall provide the following information to the department, using the appropriate forms specified in (a) of this section:
(1) the applicant's activity that requires an APDES permit;
(2) the name, mailing address, electronic mail address, and location of the facility for which the application is submitted;
(3) up to four North American Industry Code System codes that best identify the principal products or services provided by the facility;
(4) the operator's name, mailing address, electronic mail address, telephone number, ownership status, and status as federal, state, private, public, or other entity;
(5) a statement that the facility is located in Indian country, if applicable;
(6) a listing of all permits or construction approvals received or applied for under any of the following programs:
(C) APDES or NPDES program under 33 U.S.C. 1342 (Clean Water Act, sec. 402);
(F) national emission standards for hazardous pollutants (NESHAPS) preconstruction approval under 42 U.S.C. 7412 (Clean Air Act);
(H) dredge or fill permits under 33 U.S.C. 1344 (Clean Water Act, sec. 404);
(I) other relevant environmental permits, including state permits;
(7) a topographic map, or other map if a topographic map is unavailable, extending one mile beyond the property boundaries of the source, depicting
(A) the facility and each of its intake and discharge structures;
(B) the location of the facility's hazardous waste treatment, storage, or disposal areas;
(C) the location of each well where fluids from the facility are injected underground; and
(D) the location of wells, springs, other surface water bodies, and drinking water wells listed in public records or otherwise known by the applicant to exist in the map area;
(8) a brief description of the nature of the business.
(c) The applicant may submit information required by this section electronically if the department approves an electronic method of submittal.
(d) An applicant shall keep records of all data used to complete a permit application and any supplemental information submitted under this article for a period of at least three years from the date the application is signed.(Eff. 7/29/2006, Register 179)
Copies of EPA's application forms specified and adopted by reference in 18 AAC 83.305(a) are available for examination at the Department of Environmental Conservation, Division of Water area offices in Juneau, Anchorage, and Fairbanks. The forms may also be viewed through EPA's website at http://cfpub.epa.gov/npdes/pareas.cfm. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes can be obtained from the following internet address of the United States Census Bureau: http://www.census.gov/epcd/www/naics.html.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.