Sec. 8 AAC 62.020 - Applications for certificates
§ 8 AAC 62.020. Applications for certificates
(a) All persons handling explosives who are required by AS 08.52.020 to hold a certificate of fitness shall apply for a certificate in writing on a form prescribed by the department. The application must include the following information:
(1) applicant's name and address;
(2) applicant's age;
(3) applicant's citizenship;
(4) applicant's employment history;
(5) applicant's physical disabilities;
(6) whether applicant has ever been licensed as an explosive handler;
(7) whether applicant has ever been refused a license and the reason for the refusal;
(8) whether applicant's explosive handler's license was ever revoked;
(10) documentation of completion of a training course that meets the requirements of 8 AAC 62.059;
(11) information related to any of the factors listed in 18 U.S.C. 842(i)(1) - (7).
(b) The application must include two copies of the applicant's fingerprints and fees as required under AS 08.52.035, except that an applicant may instead submit the applicant's original documentation issued by the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (USATFE) showing the applicant's successful background check conducted within the 18 months preceding the date of application by USATFE for the purposes of obtaining a federal license for the transportation, shipping, receiving, or possession of explosive materials.(Eff. 1/2/71, Register 36; am 5/26/79, Register 70; am 9/27/2008, Register 187; am 2/23/2011, Register 197; am 6/21/2018,Register 226, July 2018)
With Register 179, October 2006 and under the authority of AS 44.62.125, the regulations attorney changed obsolete terminology concerning persons with disabilities in conformity with ch. 25, SLA 2006.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.