Sec. R6-6-301 - Definitions
§ R6-6-301. Definitions
In addition to the definitions in Article 1 of this Chapter, the following definitions apply to this Article:
1. "ALTCS" means Arizona Long-Term Care System under the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS).
2. "Autism" means the same as in A.R.S. § 36-551.
3. "Cerebral palsy" means the same as in A.R.S. § 36-551.
4. "Cognitive disability" means a condition that involves subaverage general intellectual functioning, that exists concurrently with deficits in adaptive behavior manifested before the age of eighteen and that is sometimes referred to as intellectual disability.
5. "Department" means the Arizona Department of Economic Security.
6. "Division" means the Division of Developmental Disabilities within the Department.
7. "Epilepsy" means the same as in A.R.S. § 36-551.
8. "Guardian" means the same as in A.R.S. § 36-551.
10. "Lawful Presence" means that an individual is a citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States or that the individual's presence in the United States is otherwise authorized under federal law.
11. "Member" means an individual enrolled with the Division.
12. "Personal information" means facts regarding an individual that may include:
b. Phone number,
c. Changes in physical or behavioral health status, or
d. Other health care insurance coverage.
13. "Planning Document" means the same as "Individual program plan" defined in A.R.S. § 36-551, and incorporates:
a. The Individual Support Plan (ISP), which serves the same purpose as the individual program plan, the placement evaluation, and the individualized service program plan used in A.R.S. § 36-557;
b. The Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP); or
c. The Person Centered Plan.
14. "Planning Team" means a placement evaluation team referenced in A.R.S. § 36-560(G)(1), and includes:
a. The member;
b. The responsible person, if applicable;
c. The Support Coordinator;
d. Other Department staff, as necessary; and
e. Any service provider selected by the member, responsible person, or the Department.
15. "Program" means the developmental disabilities program as outlined in A.R.S. § 36-558.
16. "Resident" means an individual who physically resides within the State of Arizona with the intent to remain, except in the case of minors whose residency is deemed to be the same as that of the guardian.
17. "Responsible person" means the same as in A.R.S. § 36-551.
18. "Services" means child, adult, residential, and resource services provided by the Department, as listed in A.R.S. § 36-558(C).
19. "Support Coordinator" means a "case manager" as defined in A.R.S. § 36-551.(Adopted effective October 31, 1978 (Supp. 78-5). Former Section R6-6-301 repealed, new Section R6-6-301 adopted effective March 30, 1983 (Supp. 83-2). Amended effective June 7, 1993, under an exemption from A.R.S. Title 41, Chapter 6 (Supp. 93-2). Amended effective September 30, 1993, under an exemption from A.R.S. Title 41, Chapter 6 (Supp. 93-3). Amended by final rulemaking at 24 A.A.R. 2013, effective 8/24/2018.)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.