RULE 002.00.02-003 - 32.18 - Restrictions for Taking Suckers
RULE 002.00.02-003. 32.18 - Restrictions for Taking Suckers
It shall be unlawful to take or retain more than 20 suckers daily or to possess more than two (2) daily limits of sucker fish taken by gigging, hogging or snagging. Legal methods for taking suckers are as follows:
(1) Hogging/Grabbing, and in compliance with the hogging dates specified in Code 32.05 Hogging Restrictions.
(2) Gigging (In compliance with Code 32.06 Taking Fish with Bow and Arrow or Gig Restricted (2).
(3) Sport fishing tackle, including snagging (Except where prohibited in Section 32.00).
(4) Commercial tackle (In compliance with Section 41.00 Commercial Fishing Regulations).
(5) Gigging of suckers only allowed between 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 Midnight and only from September 15 to February 15 statewide.
(6) Snagging of suckers only allowed between sunrise and sunset and only from April 1st to February 15th statewide.
PENALTY: $100.00 to $1,000.00.(4/9/2002)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.