RULE 002.00.03-007 - A) St. Francis River Floodway Waterfowl Zone; B) Amend regulations restricting possession of mountain lions (Puma concolor)
RULE 002.00.03-007. A) St. Francis River Floodway Waterfowl Zone; B) Amend regulations restricting possession of mountain lions (Puma concolor)
05.10 ST. FRANCIS RIVER FLOODWAY WATERFOWL ZONE:
All lands within the St. Francis flood control main levees from Hwy 412 east of Paragould south to Hwy 63 S at Marked Tree.
13.06 MIGRATORY GAME BIRDS SHOOTING HOUR RESTRICTIONS.
It shall be unlawful to take or attempt to take any migratory game bird, including migratory waterfowl, other than one-half (1/2) hour before sunrise (local time) or later than sunset (local time). EXCEPTIONS:
(1) Shooting hours for teal during the teal season are sunrise to sunset (local time).
(2) Waterfowl hunting in the St. Francis River Floodway Waterfowl Zone ends at 12:00 o'clock noon.
PENALTY: $100.00 to $1,000.00.
APPROVED 2003-2004 WMD CODES
15.02 CAPTIVE NON-NATIVE WILDLIFE.
(A) Captive non-native wildlife not excepted under Code 15.01 may be possessed if certified by an accredited veterinarian to be free of diseases/parasites that may pose adverse risk to native wildlife and complies with all applicable health requirements for exotic animals adopted by the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission and the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission.
(B) Mountain lions (Puma concolor) may be kept in captivity subject to city and county ordinances and must be accompanied by proof of legal purchase and ownership
PENALTY: $500.00 to $1,000.00.
18.03 SELLING WILDLIFE RESTRICTIONS. It shall be unlawful to purchase, sell, offer for sale, barter or trade any species of wildlife or portions thereof. EXCEPTIONS:
(1) Furbearer pelts and carcasses taken during a furbearer_season.
(2) In compliance with Section 15.00 (Captive Wildlife/Hunting Resorts).
(3) In compliance with Commission Code 36.04 (License Requirements for Sale of Bullfrogs by Fish Farmers).
(4) In compliance with Commission Code 41.07 (Requirements for Selling Commercial Fish).
(5) In compliance with Commission Code 42.01 (Fish Farmer Permit Requirements).
(6) In compliance with Commission Code 39.01 (License Requirements for Taking Turtles).
(7) In compliance with Commission Code 37.02 (Minnow Dealers License Requirements).
(8) In compliance with Commission Code 38.01 (Mussel Shell Taker Buyer, and Seller License Requirements).
(9) In compliance with 31.07-A (Sale of Bait Prohibited).
(10) Squirrel tails, deer antlers, deer hides and feathers from non-migratory game birds legally taken.
(11) Wild animals legally acquired outside the state and accompanied by verification.
(12) Coyote (In compliance with Comm. Codes 10.02, 10.04, 10.05, 10.06, 10.07, 10.08, 10.13 & 10.14.
PENALTY: $500.00 to $2,000.00. Also, a jail sentence not to exceed one (1) year may be imposed.(10/2/2003)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.