RULE 002.00.04-011 - Big Spring Trout Management Plan and Regulations
RULE 002.00.04-011. Big Spring Trout Management Plan and Regulations
45.07 (K) Big Spring (in Cotter, at the AGFC access to the White River) from its source to the confluence with the White River, unless otherwise specified.
1. Catch and Release Stream. All fish caught must be released. Only artificial lures with barbless hook(s) may be used. Natural or scented baits are not allowed. Chumming is not allowed. Fishing is allowed from sunrise to sunset.
2. Fishing is limited to youths under age 16 and disabled anglers.
3. Youth under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult when fishing.
4. Adult disabled anglers must carry proof that they are 100% permanently and totally disabled (see Code 01.00-C) and possess a valid AGFC sport fishing, lifetime fishing, or combination hunting & fishing license, plus a valid trout permit.
5. Anglers may use no more than one fishing rod or pole, and must attend it at all times. No other devices may be used to catch fish.
6. No fishing in the "swimming hole" at the upstream end of Big Spring, as indicated by signs.
7. No motorized boats allowed in Big Spring.
8. Fishing Derbies must be requested, and permitted in writing by AGFC District 2 Fisheries Biologist, and can include fishing with natural or scented baits, and harvest of trout.(12/6/2004)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.