RULE 002.00.07-017 - Commercial Fishing Regulations
RULE 002.00.07-017. Commercial Fishing Regulations
41.12 UNDERSIZED COMMERCIAL FISH PROHIBITED. It shall be unlawful for commercial fishermen to possess catfish or buffalo fish less than 16
inches in length or paddlefish and sturgeon of any size taken from public waters.
(1) Twelve (12) inch or larger blue and channel catfish only may be taken in waters specified in Section 41.24.
(2) Holders of a current Resident Roe Taker/Seller Permit or Resident Roe Buyer/Exporter Permit in compliance with Code 41.05(A) or Code 41.05(B) may possess paddlefish 37 inches or larger in Dardanelle and Ozark lakes of the Arkansas River, 36 inches or larger in the open portion of the Arkansas River below Dardanelle Lock and Dam, 32 inches or larger in body length in the open portion of the White River and 34 inches or larger in body length for all other waters open to paddlefish harvest or sturgeon when in season. Paddlefish shall be measured from front of eye to fork of tail with the fish laid flat on a rule.
(3) See also 41.38 Harvest Restriction of Catfish and Sturgeon in the Mississippi River.
(4) It shall be unlawful for commercial fishermen to possess flathead catfish less than 20 inches in length on the Ouachita River from the confluence of the Little Missouri River to the confluence of the Caddo River.
(5) Sturgeon harvested from the waters legal for harvest must be at least 21 inches from the tip of the snout to the fork of the tail.
(6) Effective January 2009, the Arkansas River from the Dardanelle Dam downstream to the Mississippi River will have a 37-inch minimum length limit on paddlefish.
(7) Effective January 2009, the Mississippi River from the Tennessee state line to the Louisiana state line will have a 36-inch minimum length limit on paddlefish.
PENALTY: $100.00 to $1,000.00 and fishing privileges may be suspended in accordance with Code 11.05, Revocation of Privileges.(10/22/2007)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.