RULE 002.00.07-012 - Selling of Alligator Parts Restrictions Code Approvals
RULE 002.00.07-012. Selling of Alligator Parts Restrictions Code Approvals
18.03 SELLING WILDLIFE RESTRICTIONS. It shall be unlawful to purchase, sell, offer for sale, barter or trade any species of wildlife or portions thereof. EXCEPTIONS:
(1) Furbearer pelts and carcasses taken during a furbearer season may be sold by persons with valid hunting or furdealer licenses. Purchase of furbearer pelts and carcasses must be in compliance with Commission Code 10.13 (Fur Dealer License Requirement).
(2) In compliance with Section 15.00 (Captive Wildlife/Hunting Resorts).
(3) In compliance with Commission Code 36.04 (License Requirements for Sale of Bullfrogs by Fish Farmers).
(4) In compliance with Commission Code 41.07 (Requirements for Selling Commercial Fish).
(5) In compliance with Commission Code 42.01 (Fish Farmer Permit Requirements).
(6) In compliance with Commission Code 39.01 (Permit/License Requirements for the Commercial Harvest and Sale of Aquatic Turtles).
(7) In compliance with Commission Code 37.02 (Minnow Dealers License Requirements).
(8) In compliance with Commission Code 38.01 (Mussel Shell Taker Buyer, and Seller License Requirements).
(9) In compliance with 31.07-A (Sale of Bait Prohibited).
(10) Squirrel tails, deer antlers, deer hides and feathers from non-migratory game birds legally taken.
(11) Legally acquired commercially raised wildlife from outside the state and accompanied by documentation verifying origin and in compliance with Section 15.00.
(12) Live Coyote taken in Arkansas in compliance with Commission Codes 10.02, 10.06, 10.07, 10.08, 10.13, 10.14, 18.09 and 18.09A may only be sold by or purchased from those with Commission Wildlife Breeder/Dealer permits.
(13) Nonprofit organizations with a valid tax identification number may pay for the processing of deer and charitably donate processed deer to needy, qualified individuals.
(14) Alligator hide, meat and parts from legally harvested alligators in compliance with Commission Code 02.23 (Alligator Hunting Seasons), Code 21.06 (Alligator Seasons and Bag Limit Restrictions on WMAs), Code 26.01 (Alligator Permit Requirements) and Code 26.02 (Restrictions On Methods of Talcing Alligator) may be given away or sold in-state when
accompanied by documentation verifying origin and description of parts transferred. An individual alligator hide which has been legally harvested and has a USFWS CITES tag attached may be sold outside the state. Alligator meat or parts may not be sold or otherwise transferred out-of-state without prior written authorization from the USFWS.
PENALTY: 1st Offense $500.00 to $5,000.00. In addition, a jail sentence not to exceed one (1) year may be imposed.
Subsequent Offenses $2,000.00 to $10,000.00. In addition, a jail sentence not to exceed one (1) year may be imposed.(9/21/2007)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.