RULE 002.00.09-012 - 2009-2010 Boat and Boat Motor Restrictions Code Approval
RULE 002.00.09-012. 2009-2010 Boat and Boat Motor Restrictions Code Approval
Proposed 2009-2010 Boat and Boat Motor Restrictions on WMAs Code Approval
Presented by David Goad
At the August Commission meeting, an alternative proposal was offered by Commissioner George Dunklin and subsequently amended by staff recommending changing the boat motor restrictions from the initially proposed 25 hp limit on Henry Gray Hurricane Lake and Rex Hancock Black Swamp WMAs to a 50 hp limit (Code 25.03, #9). Furthermore, the alternative proposal tabled the proposed restrictions of airboats on the remaining 16 waterfowl areas listed in code 25.03, #10. Both changes will be presented at this meeting for your approval.
David Goad, Chief
Wildlife Management Division
Proposed 2009-2010 Boat and Boat Motor Restrictions Code Approval
25.03 BOAT AND BOAT MOTOR RESTRICTIONS ON CERTAIN WMAs
It shall be unlawful to fail to comply with the following list of boat and boat motor restrictions for certain WMAs.
(1) Boats with motors of more than 25 horsepower and airboats may not be operated on waters within Bayou Meto, Dr. Lester Sitzes, III Bois d'Arc (excluding Dr. Lester Sitzes, III Bois d'Arc Lake), Shirey Bay Rainey Brake, Steve N. Wilson Raft Creek Bottoms WMAs.
(2) No boats allowed on Dr. Lester Sitzes, III Bois d'Arc green tree waterfowl area 14 days before the opening day of duck season until the opening of duck season.
(3) No boats allowed on Bell Slough, Camp Robinson, Ed Gordon Point Remove, Harris Brake, Dr. Lester Sitzes, III Bois d'Arc and Shirey Bay Rainey Brake WMAs green tree reservoir from 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 a.m. during duck season, except during the last three days of the last duck season and during the special youth waterfowl hunt when boats may be used from 4:00 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. daily.
(4) Commission personnel in performance of their duties.
(5) No boat motors allowed on Frog Bayou WMA.
(6) Boat motors over lOhp are prohibited on St. Francis Forest WMA.
(7) No boats allowed on Bayou Meto WMA froml2:00 p.m. until 4:00 a.m. during the duck season except as follows:
(1)during the last three days of the last duck season and during the special youth waterfowl hunts when boats may be used from 4:00 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. daily,
(2)boating access during the duck season only from 12:00 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. at the following streams;
(1) Mulberry Access to include all of the Salt Bayou Ditch to the confluence of Little Bayou Meto;
(2)Buckingham Flats Access to include Big Bayou Meto, and Cannon Brake Access to include Little Bayou Meto only within the Cannon Brake Impoundment.
(8) No boats allowed on the Government Cypress Greentree Reservoir within Bayou Meto WMA.
(9) Boats with motors of more than 50 horsepower and airboats may not be operated on waters within Henry Gray Hurricane Lake WMA during duck season (Ref. Code 12.15 Duck, Coot, Merganser Season Restrictions).
(10) Airboats may not be operated on waters within Bell Slough, Beryl Anthony Lower Ouachita (excluding Ouachita River), Freddie Black Choctaw Island WMA and Deer Research Area (both units, excluding Mississippi River), Cut-Off Creek, Cypress Bayou, Ed Gordon Point Remove, Earl Buss Bayou DeView, Galla Creek, Harris Brake (excluding Harris Brake Lake), Holland Bottoms (excluding Tommy L. Sproles Lake Pickthorne), Mike Freeze Wattensaw, Petit Jean River (excluding Petit Jean River and Kingfisher Lake), Seven Devils, Sheffield Nelson Dagmar, Sulphur River (excluding Sulphur River and Mercer Bayou) and Trusten Holder (excluding Arkansas River, Arkansas Post Canal, Merrisach Lake, Moore Bayou and Post Lake) WMAs during duck season (Ref. Code 12.15 Duck, Coot, Merganser Season Restrictions). PENALTY: $100.00 to $1,000.00.(10/25/2009)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.