RULE 004.00.20-059 - AR 114 Arkansas Correctional Industries
RULE 004.00.20-059. AR 114 Arkansas Correctional Industries
The Board of Correction is vested with the authority to promulgate this Administrative Rules by Act 50 of 1968 as amended, Act 473 of 1967, Act 108 of 1981, Act 825 of 1985, and Act 48 of 1989.
To establish policy and procedures concerning the manufacture, sales and distribution of Arkansas Correctional Industries made goods.
To all ACI employees, to all offices, departments, institutions and agencies of the state that may purchase ACI made products and to those political subdivisions, non-profit organizations and other states, which may purchase ACI, made goods. Pursuant to Arkansas Code 12-30-205:
"(a) A nonprofit organization may purchase goods produced by the Department of Correction's Industry Division as provided for by this subchapter upon the condition that the goods may not be resold for profit.
(1) Goods produced by the division as provided for by this subchapter, excluding furniture and seating, may also be purchased by:
(A) Current employees and retirees of the Department of Correction;
(B) All employees of the offices, departments, institutions, school districts, and public agencies in this state. Subdivision (b) (1) (B) (i) of this section shall not include members of the General Assembly; and
(C) Current and former members of the Board of Corrections.
(2) Goods purchased by an individual under subdivision (b) (1) of this section shall be for personal use only and not for resale."
It shall be the policy of the Board of Correction to establish an ongoing correctional industry program to further provide more adequate, regular and suitable training and/or employment for the inmates of the state and to provide quality products and services to be purchased by all offices, departments, institutions and agencies of the state, all political subdivisions and non-profit organizations, and other states or others as provided in the Acts of the State of Arkansas.
1. The Arkansas Correctional Industries program will purchase equipment, raw materials and supplies in the manner provided by laws of the State of Arkansas.
2. The Board of Correction will fix and determine the price range at which all articles or products manufactured or produced shall be furnished.
3. Administrative Directives will be developed to provide guidance concerning the procedures to be used by ACI in the process of selecting market representatives and its mission to enter into contractual agreements with dealers, retailers, distributors and manufacturing representatives for the marketing of products and services produced by ACI.
4. Arkansas Correctional Industries will prepare, at such times as it may determine needed, catalogues containing the description of all articles and products manufactured or produced in the program.
Board Approval Date: 12/15/2010
Effective Date: 12/25/2010(Adopted by Arkansas Register Volume MMXXI Number 7, Effective 12/25/2010)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.