RULE 004.00.20-003 - AR 407 Safety and Sanitation
RULE 004.00.20-003. AR 407 Safety and Sanitation
The Board of Correction and Community Punishment is vested with the authority to promulgate Administrative Rules by Act 50 of 1968, Extraordinary Session, as amended; Acts 548 and 549 of 1993, Regular Session (Ark. Code Ann. Ss 16-93-1203 and 12-27-105 of 1993).
To provide the Department with a procedure for safety and sanitation.
To all employees and offenders responsible for maintaining safety and sanitation procedures at the facility.
To ensure that safety and sanitation programs are well planned, aggressively pursued and continually supervised.
Promoting facility safety and sanitation is the responsibility of every offender and employee.
A. The Assistant Warden/Assistant Center Supervisor or equivalent assigned designee in charge of Operations at each facility will be designated as the Safety and Sanitation Officer. He/She is responsible for the planning, implementing and supervising specific safety and sanitation policies and procedures. Safety and Sanitation officer will:
1. Develop specific safety and sanitation plans for each area of the facility. Specific procedures will be developed for each area of the facility, with recommendations made by supervisors and department heads of the work areas within the facility.
2. Ensure that post orders and job descriptions for area and line supervisors include their responsibility for compliance with safety and sanitation policies developed for their duty area.
3. Develop formal inspection reports for area and line supervisors to submit to the Safety and Sanitation Officer on their area's compliance with safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
4. Inspect all areas of the facility, on a non-scheduled, rotating basis at least monthly. Written reports on his/her findings, including suggestions for safety and sanitation policy changes or equipment requirements will be submitted to the Unit Warden/Center Supervisor.
5. Provide training and guidance to area supervisors and individuals in implementation of safety and sanitation policies and procedures, inspections and use of safety equipment.
6. Ensure that adequate heat and ventilation suitable to the season are provided.
7. Provide a program using departmental and/or outside sources for pest and rodent control.
B. Administrative staff will inspect the sanitation of living quarters, segregation units, isolation and food service areas weekly. Administrative staff will submit a report of his/her findings to the Safety and Sanitation Officer.
C. An area supervisor's failure to ensure that safety and sanitation policies and procedures are implemented and enforced in his/her area of responsibility is grounds for disciplinary action.
VI. A.C.A. STANDARDS:
3-4310; 3-4313; 3-4314
Board Approval Date: 5/19/88
Effective Date: 3/10/94(Adopted by Arkansas Register Volume MMXXI Number 7, Effective 3/10/1994)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.