RULE 004.00.90-001 - Arkansas Correctional Industries
RULE 004.00.90-001. Arkansas Correctional Industries
114 Arkansas Correctional Industries
I. Authority: The Board of Correction is vested with the authority to promulgate this Administrative Regulation by Act 50 of 1968 as amended, Act 473 of 1967, Act 108 of 1981, Act 825 of 1985, and Act 48 of 1989.
II. Purpose: To establish policy and procedures concerning the manufacture, sales and distribution of Arkansas Correctional Industries made goods.
III. Applicability: To all ACI employees, to all offices, departments, institutions and agencies of the state that must purchase ACI made products and to those political subdivisions, non-profit organizations and other states which may purchase ACI made goods.
IV. Policy: It shall be the policy of the Board of Correction to establish an ongoing correctional industry program to further provide more adequate, regular and suitable training and/or employment for the inmates of the state and to provide quality products and services to be purchased by all offices, departments, institutions and agencies of the state, all political subdivisions and non-profit organizations, and other states or others as provided in the Acts of the State of Arkansas.
1. The Arkansas Correctional Industries program will purchase equipment, raw materials and supplies in the manner provided by laws of the State of Arkansas.
2. The Board of Correction will fix and determine the price range at which all articles or products manufactured or produced shall be furnished.
3. Administrative Directives will be developed to provide guidance concerning the procedures to be used by ACI in the process of selecting market representatives and its mission to enter into contractual agreements with dealers, retailers, distributors and manufacturing representatives for the marketing of products and services produced by ACI.
4. Arkansas Correctional Industries will prepare, at such times as it may determine needed, catalogues containing the description of all articles and products manufactured or produced in the program.
5. Arkansas Correctional Industries will use the reports it is to receive from officials of state supported offices, departments, institutions and agencies to estimate the kind and amount of articles and products required for the ensuing year. These reports are due in from state supported entities at least thirty days before the commencement of each fiscal year.
Board of Correction Approval Date: 01/26/90
Attorney General Review Date: 01/26/90
Date Filed Secy, of State: 01/29/90(1/30/1990)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.