RULE 004.00.94-027 - Reg. 814 - Funds/Clothing for Released Offenders
RULE 004.00.94-027. Reg. 814 - Funds/Clothing for Released Offenders
AR 814 - DOC
FUNDS/CLOTHING FOR RELEASED OFFENDERS
AR 7.7 - DCP
I. AUTHORITY: The Board of Correction and Community Punishment is vested with the authority to promulgate this Administration Regulation by Acts 548 and 549 of 1993, Regular Session (Ark. Code Ann. §§ 16-93-1203 and 12-27-105 of 1993); and Ark. Code Ann. § 12-29-112.
II. PURPOSE: This administrative regulation establishes the policy by which the Arkansas Department of Correction and the Department of Community Punishment .provide funds and clothing to offenders upon release from custody of the Arkansas Department of Correction or the Department of Community Punishment.
III. APPLICABILITY: This regulation applies to Department of Correction and Department of Community Punishment staff, especially those involved in securing transportation for released offenders; and offenders.
1. An offender who is discharged from the Department of Correction or Department of Community Punishment jurisdiction due to expiration of sentence.
2. An offender who is paroled or transferred as determined by Arkansas Codes, or is released to supervision from confinement/incarceration in a community punishment facility.
B. Travel Subsidy: Includes transportation to destination, if needed, and/or meal costs during travel. Issuance of checks to accomplish the intent of this Administrative Regulation will be accomplished in accordance with the procedures established by the Departments' Administrative Services Divisions.
It shall be the policy of the Board of Correction and Community Punishment to provide satisfactory clothing and travel subsidy to offenders upon release from custody of the Arkansas Department of Correction or Department of Community Punishment.
Funds will be provided for the sole purpose of securing transportation and travel subsidy from a unit/center of the Department of Correction or Department of Community Punishment to the offender's place of residence or approved location.
1. Offenders who are to be released to a detainer will not be provided funds upon release from custody of the Department of Correction or Department of Community Punishment.
2. Offenders participating in the Department of Correction Work/Study Release Program immediately preceding release will not be provided funds upon release from the custody of the Department of Correction unless an exception is made by the Director.
3. Offenders who have not been incarcerated/confined in a Department of Correction or Department of Community Punishment facility will not be provided funds upon release.
4. Upon release, each offender, unless disqualified to receive funds as specified in VI. A. (1), (2), and (3), will receive an amount approved by the Board of Correction and Community Punishment from sources of funds as determined by the Director to be allowable within current and future budgetary constraints of the Departments.
In the event of legitimate need for issuance of clothing to the offender, clothing will be provided from other than state supported sources.
Upon being notified of an offender's release date, the Warden/Center Supervisor or his/her designee will determine the offender's need for clothing upon the offender's release. The offender should be asked if he/she desires such clothing and, if so, his/her wardrobe should be examined to determine whether there is legitimate need. This determination is based on what personal clothing he/she has and its condition. If deemed necessary, the Department of Correction/Department of Community Punishment will furnish the proper size clothing appropriate for the season and current weather conditions.
VII. A.C.A REFERENCES:
Board Approval Date: 4/28/94 Emerg.
Effective Date: 4/28/94
Supersedes: AR 814 - DOC
The following state regulations pages link to this page.