RULE 132.00.15-016 - Regulation 1011 Certification of Auxiliary Law Enforcement Officers
RULE 132.00.15-016. Regulation 1011 Certification of Auxiliary Law Enforcement Officers
(1) Act 757 of 1983, as amended, established statutory guidelines for the appointment, authority and supervisory control of Auxiliary Law Enforcement Officers.
(2) Any person appointed after March 24, 1983, will be required to meet the minimum standards for employment or appointment as outlined in Regulation 1002(2).
(3) It shall be the responsibility of the appointing law enforcement agency to provide or have provided not less than 110 hours of Commission approved law enforcement training which shall include a Firearms Qualification Course equivalent to the Firearms Qualification requirements for a Full-time Law Enforcement Officer.
(4) Every Auxiliary law enforcement officer shall satisfactorily complete a probationary period of not less than twelve (12) months.
(5) Auxiliary officers who have been separated from law enforcement for a period of three (3) years must satisfactorily complete the approved 110 hour Auxiliary/Part-time II Training Course before becoming eligible for re-certification.(2/23/2016)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.