RULE 132.00.15-019 - Regulation 1015 Police Traffic Radar Operators and Instructors
RULE 132.00.15-019. Regulation 1015 Police Traffic Radar Operators and Instructors
(1) Act 672 of 1983 as modified established a minimum training and certification standards for Police Traffic Radar Operators and Instructors.
(2) Operator: Only Full-time law enforcement officers, Part-time I, Part-time II and Auxiliary Officers, who have completed the Commission approved training for their appropriate level of certification, shall be eligible for certification as a Police Traffic Radar Operator.
(3) Instructor: Any Full-time certified law enforcement officer or any person employed by a law enforcement unit or Commission approved training facility that has satisfactorily completed a Police Traffic Radar Course and the Instructor Development Course shall be eligible for certification as a Police Traffic Radar Instructor.
(4) Officers applying to be operators and instructors shall successfully complete an Arkansas Commission approved Radar Training Course.
(5) An officer who does not meet the standards and qualifications set forth in the Act shall not take any official action as a Police Traffic Radar Operator or instructor and any action taken shall be held as invalid.
(6) All certificates and ID cards remain the property of the Commission and the Commission shall have the power to recall or revoke any certificate issued. Any recall or revocation action will comply with the State Administrative Procedures Act.(2/23/2016)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.