RULE 132.00.15-026 - Regulation 1028 Certification of Law Enforcement Canines
RULE 132.00.15-026. Regulation 1028 Certification of Law Enforcement Canines
(1) A canine used as a law enforcement tool in the State of Arkansas must be certified by a Law Enforcement Certifying Official in accordance with Canine Certification Requirements approved by CLEST.
(2) All Law Enforcement Canines shall meet or exceed the minimum standards approved by CLEST.
(3) Law Enforcement Canine Certifications shall expire one (1) year after the date of issue.
(4) Law Enforcement Canines that are used for the sole purpose of tracking shall not be required to obtain CLEST certification.
(5) All Law Enforcement Canines currently active in Arkansas shall be certified within eighteen (18) months of the effective date of this regulation.
(6) A Certified Law Enforcement Canine must be recertified each year and also each time it is assigned to a new Law Enforcement Officer.(2/23/2016)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.