Cal. Code Regs. Tit. 16, § 3353 - Estimate/Work Order Requirements
An estimate shall be provided to and authorized by the customer before any work commences. The estimate shall meet the requirements of Business and Professions Code section 9884.9 as well as the following:
If it is necessary to tear down a vehicle or vehicle component in order to diagnose, the automotive repair dealer shall do all of the following:
Note: Authority cited: Sections 9882 and 9884.9, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 9884.8, 9884.9, 9889.50 and 9889.52, Business and Professions Code.
2. Amendment of subsection (b) and new subsection (c) filed 6-9-78; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 78, No. 23).
3. Repealer and new section filed 10-27-82; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 82, No. 44).
4. Redesignation of former Article 7 (Section 3365) to new Article 7 (Sections 3353-3358) filed 2-22-83; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 83, No. 9).
5. Amendment of subsections (d) and (d)(1) filed 5-9-96; operative 6-8-96 (Register 96, No. 19).
6. Amendment of subsection (a) and Note filed 10-20-97; operative 11-19-97 (Register 97, No. 43).
7. Amendment of section and Note filed 5-2-2002; operative 6-1-2002 (Register 2002, No. 18).
8. Amendment of subsection (c), new subsections (f)-(f)(6), subsection relettering and amendment of newly designated subsection (g) filed 4-17-2006; operative 5-17-2006 (Register 2006, No. 16).
9. Amendment filed 9-13-2018; operative
10. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (a) filed 6-4-2019 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2019, No. 23).
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.