Sec. 20800.6 - List of Attendees
§ 20800.6. List of Attendees
(a) An approved vendor shall maintain and secure a list of persons who attend each session of an approved course of study for a period of two (2) years from the date of issuance of proof of completion for the session in which a list refers. The list shall include the following:
(1) The name of the approved vendor as listed in the certificate of approval for the approved course of study;
(2) The vendor identification number issued by the Secretary of State;
(3) The name of the instructor or instructors who taught the approved course of study;
(4) The date, time, and location of the approved course of study;
(5) The names of all the attendees in alphabetical order by the last name of the attendee and whether or not proof of completion was issued to each attendee; and
(6) The type of photograph identification, identification number, expiration date, and state or country of issuance of the documentation establishing the identity of the notary public applicant or notary public who attended and completed the approved course of study.
(b) An approved vendor shall not collect the social security numbers of any attendees.
(c) "Secure" as used in this section means that an approved vendor, former approved vendor, or employee, agent, instructor, contractor, or subcontractor of an approved vendor or former approved vendor shall not copy or release any list of attendees or any information contained therein to any person, except the Secretary of State, district attorney, city attorney, or Attorney General.(1. New section filed 5-3-2005; operative 5-3-2005 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2005, No. 18).)
Note: Authority cited: Sections 8201.2 and 8220, Government Code. Reference: Sections 8201 and 8201.2, Government Code.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.