Cal. Code Regs. Tit. 22, § 35209 - Kinship Adoption Agreement
(a) If the adoption petition includes a proposed kinship adoption agreement, the agency shall review the documents to determine whether all the following requirements are satisfied:
(1) A kinship, as defined in Family Code Section 8714.7(c) exists between the adopting relatives and the child which allows a kinship adoption agreement.
(2) The content of the proposed kinship adoption agreement meets the statutory requirements specified in Family Code Section 8714.7.
(3) The proposed kinship adoption agreement is in the best interest of the child.
(4) The child who is to be adopted has consented to and signed the kinship adoption agreement, if he or she is age 12 or older.
(b) The agency shall advise the adopting relative and the birth parent if any determination made under Section 35127.1 will cause the agency to recommend that the court not grant the post-adoption contact privileges in the proposed kinship adoption agreement.
(c) The agency shall include in its report to the court a discussion of its findings and conclusions based on determinations made under Section 35127.1 and a recommendation as to whether the court should grant the post-adoption contact privileges in the proposed kinship adoption agreement.
(1) If the proposed kinship adoption agreement has been amended following advice given pursuant to Section 35127.1, the agency shall base its court report on the amended kinship adoption agreement.
Note: Authority Cited: Sections 10553 and 10554, Welfare and Institutions Code; Section 1530, Health and Safety Code; and Section 8621, Family Code. Reference: Sections 8714.5, 8714.7 and 8715, Family Code.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.