Cal. Code Regs. Tit. 5, § 11310 - Parental Notice
(a) An LEA shall notify parents of the language acquisition programs and language programs available in the LEA at the time and in the manner specified in Education Code sections 48980 and 48981. The notice specified in this section shall include a description of the process for parents to request a language acquisition program or language program for their child.
(b) Regarding language acquisition programs, the notice shall include:
(1) A description of any such programs provided, including Structured English Immersion;
(2) Identification of any language to be taught in addition to English, when the program model includes instruction in another language;
(3) The information set forth in section 11309(c); and
(4) The process to request establishment of a language acquisition program not offered at the school.
(c) Regarding language programs, the notice shall specify the language(s) to be taught, and may include the program goals, methodology used, and evidence of the proposed program's effectiveness.
(d) Parents of pupils enrolling in an LEA after the beginning of the academic school year shall be provided the notice described above upon enrollment. An LEA may provide notice to parents at additional times throughout the year.
(e) The notice to parents pursuant to this section shall be provided as described above. Additionally, verbal notice shall be provided, upon request, as reasonably necessary to effectuate notice to the parents.
Note: Authority cited: Section 33031, Education Code. Reference: Sections 305, 306, 310, 48980 and 48981, Education Code; and 20 U.S.C. sections 1703(f), 6311 and 6318.
2. Amendment of section heading, repealer and new section and amendment of Note filed 5-18-2018; operative
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.