Cal. Code Regs. Tit. 5, § 11979 - Process for Awarding Grants
The process for awarding grants will be as follows:
(a) Applications will be read and scored with other applications from the same CTAP region after the application deadline by readers selected by CDE. Each reader will read and score the application against the Scoring Criteria. Those criteria are incorporated by reference and were issued on April 9, 2003. Readers will not read applications from their own CTAP region. If the readers' scores for the application are not more than 10 points apart, the two scores will be averaged to yield the final application score. If the readers' scores are more than 10 points apart, the application will be re-read and re-scored by a Chief Reader. The Chief Reader's score determination will be the final score.
(b) Awards for each successful applicant for the implementation grant will be made in two allotments as follows:
(1) One allotment for two-thirds of the grant award total.
(2) A second allotment for one-third of the grant award total.
(c) A one-time follow-up grant, depending on funding availability, may be awarded if the applicant successfully completes the implementation grant, as referenced in Section 11973(g). For schools not defined as "small school" as referenced above in Section 11973(d), the one-time follow-up grant may be in the amount of $45 per eligible pupil. For those defined as "small school" as referenced above in Section 11973(d), the one-time follow-up grant may be allocated:
(1) $6,000 for 1-100 eligible students;
(2) $10,000 for 101-200 eligible students;
(3) $13,500 for 201-300 eligible students.
(d) The one-time follow-up grant may be awarded, subject to funding availability, only after the CDE verifies that the LEA has met or made significant progress in meeting its accountability measures as referenced in Section 11973(g).
Note: Authority cited: Section 52295.30, Education Code. Reference: Sections 52295.10 and 52295.35, Education Code.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 4-23-2003 order, including amendment of subsections (b)(1)-(2), transmitted to OAL 7-15-2003 and filed 8-26-2003 (Register 2003, No. 35).
3. Amendment of subsections (b)-(c) and (d) filed 5-24-2004; operative 5-24-2004 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2004, No. 22).
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.