Sec. 11516 - Variations
§ 11516. Variations
(a) School district may provide all pupils the following variations:
(1) Test directions that are simplified or clarified in English for the Reading and Writing sections.
(2) Sufficient time to complete the test as provided in the directions for test administration.
(b) School districts may provide all pupils the following variations if regularly used in the classroom:
(1) Special or adaptive furniture;
(2) Special lighting or acoustics, visual magnifying, or audio amplification equipment;
(3) An individual carrel or study enclosure;
(4) Covered overlay, masks, or other means to maintain visual attention to the test consistent with contractor's test directions;
(5) Test individual in a separate room provided that the pupil is directly supervised by an employee of the school district or nonpublic school who has signed the Test Security Affidavit; and
(6) Manually Coded English or American Sign Language to present directions for administration (does not apply to test questions).
(c) If a school district proposed the use of a variation on the test that is not listed in this section, 11516.5, or 11516.6, the school district may submit a request to the department for review of proposed variation in administering the test.(1. New article 3 (sections 11516-11516.5) and section filed 10-4-2001; operative 11-3-2001 (Register 2001, No. 40). 2. Amendment of article heading and section heading, repealer and new section and amendment of Note filed 6-9-2005; operative 6-9-2005 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2005, No. 23).)
Note: Authority cited: Section 33031, Education Code. Reference: Sections 306, 313 and 37200, Education Code; and 20 USC Section 6311.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.