Sec. 3051.10 - Psychological Services Other Than Assessment and Development of the IEP
§ 3051.10. Psychological Services Other Than Assessment and Development of the IEP
(a) Psychological services may include:
(1) Counseling provided to an individual with exceptional needs by a credentialed or licensed psychologist or other qualified personnel.
(2) Consultative services to parents, pupils, teachers, and other school personnel.
(3) Planning and implementing a program of psychological counseling for individuals with exceptional needs and parents.
(4) Assisting in developing positive behavioral intervention strategies.
(5) This term does not include assessment services and the development of an IEP.
(b) Psychological services required by a student's IEP may be rendered by any of the following professionals who possess the credential or license required by law for the performance of particular psychological services by members of that profession:
(1) Licensed Educational Psychologist pursuant to Business and Professions Code section 4989.14;
(2) Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist pursuant to Business and Professions Code section 4980.02;
(3) Licensed Clinical Social Worker pursuant to Business and Professions Code section 4996.9; or
(4) Licensed Psychologist pursuant to Business and Professions Code section 2903; or
(5) Pupil Personnel Services Credential that authorizes school psychology.(1. Amendment of section heading, section and Note filed 5-5-2014; operative 7-1-2014 (Register 2014, No. 19).)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.