Sec. 3051.13 - Social Worker Services
§ 3051.13. Social Worker Services
(a) Social work services may include:
(1) Individual and group counseling with the individual and his or her immediate family.
(2) Consultation with pupils, parents, teachers, and other personnel regarding the effects of family and other social factors on the learning and developmental requirements of individual pupils with exceptional needs.
(3) Developing a network of community resources, making appropriate referral and maintaining liaison relationships among the school, the pupil with exceptional needs, the family, and the various agencies providing social, income maintenance, employment development, mental health, or other developmental services.
(b) Social worker services shall be provided only by personnel who possess a:
(1) license as a Clinical Social Worker, or Associate Clinical Social Worker who is under the supervision of either a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or a licensed Mental Health Professional by the Board of Behavioral Sciences, within the Department of Consumer Affairs; or
(2) license as a Marriage and Family Therapist, or Marriage and Family Therapist Registered Intern who is under the supervision of a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, a Licensed Psychologist, or a Physician who is certified in psychiatry by the Medical Board of California, the Board of Behavioral Sciences, or the Board of Psychology, within the Department of Consumer Affairs; or
(3) credential authorizing school social work.
(4) license as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, or a Professional Clinical Counselor Registered Intern who is under the supervision of a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, or a Physician who is certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.(1. Change without regulatory effect amending Note filed 9-27-2012 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2012, No. 39). 2. Amendment of section and Note filed 5-5-2014; operative 7-1-2014 (Register 2014, No. 19).)
Note: Authority cited: Sections 56100 and 56366.1, Education Code. Reference: Sections 2903, 2905, 4980.02, 4989.14, 4996.9 and 4999.10, Business and Professions Code; Sections 49422 and 56363, Education Code; and 34 C.F.R. Sections 300.34 and 300.156(b)(1).
The following state regulations pages link to this page.