Sec. 3051.18 - Related Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
§ 3051.18. Related Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
(a) Instruction and services for deaf and hard of hearing pupils shall be provided by an individual holding an appropriate credential, who has competencies to provide services to the hearing impaired and who has training, experience and proficient communication skills for educating pupils with hearing impairments. Such services may include but need not to be limited to:
(1) Speech, speech reading and auditory training.
(2) Instruction in oral, sign, and written language development.
(3) Rehabilitative and educational services for hearing impaired individuals to include monitoring amplification, coordinating information for the annual review, and recommending additional services.
(4) Adapting curricula, methods, media, and the environment to facilitate the learning process.
(5) Consultation to pupils, parents, teachers, and other school personnel as necessary to maximize the pupil's experience in the regular education program.
(b) A specially trained instructional aide, working with and under the direct supervision of the credentialed teacher of the deaf and hard-of-hearing, may assist in the implementation of the pupil's educational program.(1. New section filed 3-21-88; operative 4-20-88 (Register 88, No. 15). 2. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (a) and Note filed 9-27-2012 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2012, No. 39). 3. Amendment of section heading and Note filed 5-5-2014; operative 7-1-2014 (Register 2014, No. 19).)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.