Sec. 854.9 - Unlisted Resources
§ 854.9. Unlisted Resources
(a) An LEA may submit, on behalf of a pupil who has an IEP or Section 504 Plan, a request through the assessment management system to the CDE, prior to the administration of a CAASPP achievement test, to allow the use and approval of an unlisted resource. The LEA CAASPP coordinator or the CAASPP test site coordinator shall make the request on behalf of the LEA ten business days prior to the pupil's first day of CAASPP testing. The CDE shall respond to the request within four business days from the date of the electronic transmission. Transmissions must include:
(1) LEA name and county/district/school (CDS) code;
(2) school/test site and school code;
(3) LEA CAASPP coordinator name, phone number, and email address;
(4) CAASPP test site coordinator name, phone number, and email address;
(5) school/test site selected testing period;
(6) Statewide Student Identifier(s) (SSID(s)) for the pupil(s) for which the unlisted resource(s) is/are being requested;
(7) CAASPP test and grade;
(8) if the pupil has an IEP, include the primary disability code and/or designated Section 504 Plan; and
(9) description of the unlisted resource being requested.
(b) The use and approval of an unlisted resource must be requested annually by an LEA.
(c) The use of an unlisted resource by a pupil will not be allowed if the CDE determines its use threatens the security of the test.
(d) In addition to determining whether the unlisted resource may be used, the CDE will determine whether the unlisted resource changes the construct being measured by the CAASPP achievement test.
(1) If the CDE determines the unlisted resource changes the construct being measured, the unlisted resource will not be approved but may still be used by the pupil and the pupil will receive an individual score report. The pupil will not be counted as participating in statewide testing, which will impact the accountability participation rate indicator for the LEA.
(2) If CDE determines the unlisted resource does not change the construct being measured, the unlisted resource will be approved. The pupil will receive an individual score report and the pupil will be counted as participating in statewide testing.
(e) The following non-embedded unlisted resources have already been determined to change the construct being measured on the CAASPP achievement tests for ELA (including the components for reading, writing, and listening), mathematics, science, and primary language and will not be approved:
(1) 100s number table for mathematics in grade 3;
(2) American sign language or signed exact English for reading, writing, listening, mathematics, science, and primary language:
(3) bilingual dictionary for reading, mathematics, science and primary language;
(4) calculator for non-specified mathematics items;
(5) calculator on mathematics items in grades 3 through 5;
(6) English dictionary for reading, mathematics, science, and primary language;
(7) math tools (i.e., ruler, protractor) for mathematics items; and
(8) multiplication table for mathematics in grade 3.
(9) thesaurus for reading, listening, mathematics, science and primary language
(10) translations (glossary) for reading, writing, listening, and mathematics when not provided by the consortium; and
(11) translated word list for reading, writing, listening, mathematics, science, and primary language assessments.(1. New section filed 1-25-2018; operative 1-25-2018 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2018, No. 4).)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.