Conn. Agencies Regs. § 8-119kk-4 - Grantee and tenant eligibility and selection
Current through March 4, 2022
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
Sec. 8-119kk-4. Grantee and tenant eligibility and selection
(a) The commissioner shall select a grantee to participate in the program based on criteria that shall include but not be limited to the following:
(1) Demonstration of the need for rental assistance;
(2) Demonstration that the grantee has an approved management plan for the period;
(3) Demonstration that the grantee is in good standing with the department;
(4) The apparent capability of the grantee to manage the project in a decent, safe and fiscally prudent manner; and
(5) The availability of funds from sources other than the program established by section 8-119kk of the Connecticut General Statutes.
(b) A tenant is eligible to receive rental assistance as part of the program if the tenant:
(1) Is current on his/her annual recertification of income; and
(2) Pays more than thirty percent (30%) of his/her adjusted gross income for rent, less a utility allowance.
(c) Any rental assistance provided under this subsection shall be provided to the grantee to make one or more dwelling units affordable to low income households residing in state financed elderly housing. These units shall continue for the term of the assistance agreement entered into between the department and the grantee, so long as funds are available for such purposes.
(Adopted effective July 3, 2008)