(a) The Commissioner shall establish a Scenic Road Advisory Committee. This Committee will include representation from the Departments of Transportation, Environmental Protection and Economic Development.
The Advisory Committee shall meet quarterly, unless there is no business, or as necessary to:
(1) Develop a method to systematically evaluate requests for scenic road designation.
(2) Review and evaluate the requests submitted to the commissioner to designate a State highway, or portion thereof, as a scenic road.
(3) Prepare recommendations to the Commissioner as to those highways, or portion thereof, appropriate for designation as a scenic road.
(4) Review Department proposals to evaluate whether the proposed improvement will have an effect upon or alter the characteristics that qualified the highway as scenic.
(5) Recommend alternate courses of action which could avoid, mitigate or minimize adverse effects of the improvement on the scenic road, without compromising the safety of the traveling public.
(6) When conditions of development, zone change or other local action occur they may review the designated scenic road and recommend to the Commissioner any changes in designation.