Standards for Eligibility
In order to be eligible for assistance under this section, an applicant must demonstrate that:
(1) It is an investor-owned water company which supplies water to at least 25 but less than 1,000 customers.
(2) The company is unable to provide water to its customers as a result of equipment or facility failure.
(3) The company has received a written recommendation from the Department of Health Services in consultation with the Department of Public Utility Control regarding the company's eligibility to file an application for an emergency grant.
(4) The company is financially unable to immediately restore service and there is no alternative water company reasonably able to immediately supply water.
(5) The company is not under orders by the Department of Health Services and/or the Department of Public Utility Control to correct problems related to the equipment or facility failure for which emergency grant funds are requested.
Grant Application Procedures
(1) Application forms shall be provided by the Department of Economic Development and shall be accompanied by a written recommendation of the Department of Health Services.
Upon receipt, review, and approval of all required information identified in Sec. 25-33b-5(a)
deemed necessary by Commissioner, a grant may be made for eligible repair, rehabilitation, interconnection or replacement costs.