(a) The Commissioner may solicit or accept applications for financial assistance from nonprofit corporations.
As part of the application and approval process, the nonprofit corporation must furnish the following:
(1) Evidence of the nonprofit corporation's eligibility as defined in Section 3 above;
(2) Information on the nonprofit corporation's experience in providing the required services, including the background and training of staff;
(3) A copy of the nonprofit corporation's operating budget listing all revenue by source as well as expenses to be supported by the proposed grant; and,
(4) Evidence of continuing staff education.
(c) The Commissioner may, from time to time, request additional information from the nonprofit corporation.
Applications shall be accepted or rejected by the Commissioner based on the factors listed in Sections 4 (a), 4 (b) and 4 (c) of these regulations, the availability of financial assistance, and the following:
(1) Any needs outlined in the Department's Five Year Housing Advisory Plan;
(2) Area of the State to be served; and,
(3) The apparent capability of the nonprofit corporation to administer a program of this type.
(e) If an application is rejected, the nonprofit corporation shall be notified in writing of the reasons for the rejection.
(f) If an application is approved, the Commissioner shall notify the nonprofit corporation that the program may proceed and inform the nonprofit corporation of the contents and terms of the contract for state financial assistance to be entered into with the nonprofit corporation.