(a) The Board of Directors shall manage the project in an efficient manner so as to enable it to fix the carrying charges for the dwelling units at the lowest possible rates consistent with providing decent, safe, and sanitary dwelling units.
The total project income from carrying charges and other income shall be sufficient to meet the costs of project operation including but not limited to:
(1) Property taxes, either full or abated, or payments in lieu of taxes;
(2) The cost of a State service charge if one is assessed; a State service charge if assessed need not cover all State costs associated with a project;
(3) The cost of operating and maintaining the project including its administrative costs, provision of reasonable reserves for repairs, maintenance and replacements, a reserve for amounts refundable to residents who vacate their units, and vacancy and collection losses;
(4) The cost of the principal and interest due and payable the loan, if applicable; and
(5) Not more than 10% return on equity capital, contributed through mutual housing association membership fees or grants obtained from sources other than the State, provided such return on equity capital shall be utilized by the Board of Directors to develop additional dwelling units for low and moderate income families.
(c) The Commissioner shall annually approve an operating budget for each project.
In the event a cooperative member vacates his/her dwelling unit in a limited equity cooperative project, the resident may be entitled to no more than the following payment(s) in return:
(1) 100% of the cash contribution and/or value of the sweat equity contribution;
(2) No more than ten percent (10%) compounded annually of the value of such contribution and/or sweat equity contribution for the period of occupancy of the unit;
(3) The current value of any permanent authorized improvements paid for by the cooperative member and approved by the Board of Directors.
(e) In the event a resident member vacates their dwelling unit in a mutual housing association project, the resident member's membership fee shall be refundable with interest of no more than 10% compounded annually.
Any revisions to documents approved under Section 8-214h-4(d)
(8) of these regulations shall be submitted to the Commissioner for his prior approval.