(1) Employees of the Department who are assigned personnel and payroll responsibilities use the personal data contained in the Department's personnel records in processing promotions, re-classifications, transfers to other agencies, retirement, and other personnel actions. Supervisors use the personal data when promotions, career counseling, or disciplinary actions for such employees are contemplated, and for other employment-related purposes.
(2) The Department retains personnel records according to schedules published by the Public Records Administrator, Connecticut State Library.
(b)Retirement System Participant Records
(1) All employees of the Department use retirement system participant records for the purpose of making an accurate determination of the retirement benefit to which such participants may be eligible, or the amount payable to such participant upon application for a refund of his retirement contributions.
(2) Retirement system participant records are used for the preparation of retirement applications and longevity payrolls.
(3) Retirement system participant records are retained in accordance with guidelines published by the Public Records Administrator, Connecticut State Library.
(c)Program Applicant and Developer Records
(1) Program applicant and developer records are used in the evaluation and qualifications and compliance monitoring of program applicants and developers in programs established, conducted, funded, or administered by the Department of Housing.
(2) The Department retains program applicant and developers records according to guidelines published by the Public Records Administrator, Connecticut State Library.
When an individual is asked to supply personal data to the Department of Housing, the Department shall disclose to that individual, upon request:
(1) The name of the Department and division within the Department requesting the personal data;
(2) The legal authority under which the Department is empowered to collect and maintain the personal data;
(3) The individual's rights pertaining to such records under the Personal Data Act, and Department regulations;
(4) The known consequences arising from supplying or refusing to supply the requested personal data;
(5) The proposed use to be made of the requested personal data.