Sec. 59A-4.122 - Physical Environment and Physical Maintenance
§ 59A-4.122. Physical Environment and Physical Maintenance
(1) The licensee must provide a safe, clean, comfortable, and homelike environment, which allows the resident to use his or her personal belongings to the extent possible.
(2) The licensee must provide:
(a) Housekeeping and maintenance services necessary to maintain a sanitary, orderly, and comfortable interior;
(b) Clean bed and bath linens that are in good condition;
(c) Furniture, such as a bed-side cabinet, drawer space;
(d) Adequate and comfortable lighting levels in all areas;
(e) Comfortable and safe room temperature levels in accordance with 42 CFR, Section 483.15(h)(6), which is effective October 1, 2014, and is incorporated by reference and available at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2014-title42-vol5/xml/CFR-2014-title42-vol5-sec483-15.xml; and,
(f) The maintenance of comfortable sound levels. Individual radios, TVs and other such transmitters belonging to the residentwill be tuned to stations of the resident's choice.
(3) Each nursing home licensee must establish written policies designed to maintain the physical plant and overall nursing home environment to assure the safety and well-being of residents.
(4) The building and mechanical maintenance programs must be supervised by a person who is knowledgeable in the areas of building and mechanical maintenance as determined by the facility.
(5) All mechanical and electrical equipment must be maintained in working order and must be accessible for cleaning and inspection.
(6) All heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems must be maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendation to ensure they are operating within specified parameters to meet manufacturers' specifications. Operation manuals and as-built drawings must be maintained for equipment installed after June 1, 2015.(New 4-1-82, Amended 4-1-84, Formerly 10D-29.122, Amended 4-18-94, Amended by Florida Register Volume 41, Number 236, December 8, 2015 effective 12-21-15.)
Rulemaking Authority 400.23 FS. Law Implemented 400.141, 400.23 FS.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.