RULE 391-4-9-.07 - Falconry Permits
RULE 391-4-9-.07. Falconry Permits
(1) Purpose. The purpose of this regulation is to implement rules and regulations pertaining to the issuance of falconry permits and practice of falconry in accordance with federal regulations so as to ensure the continuation of the sport of falconry and continue to conserve the state's birds of prey.
(2) Falconry Permitting and Standards. Permitees shall comply with all standards, requirements, and limitations as provided in 50 C.F.R. 21.29, as now or hereafter amended.
(3) Golden Eagles. It shall be unlawful for any person to trap, transport or possess a golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) unless authorized as provided in 50 C.F.R. Part 22, as now or hereafter amended.
(4) Raptor Propagation. Raptor propagation and activities associated with raptor propagation are permitted in accordance with the provisions of 50 C.F.R. Part 21, as now or hereafter amended. No additional state permit is required; provided, however, that all persons engaging in such activities shall submit one copy of each federally required report to the department at the time such report is submitted to federal authorities.
(5) Importation Permits. Holders of Georgia falconry permits may transport the raptors held under their permits within this state, may remove the raptors from this state for meets, trials, and hunting in other states, and may bring such raptors back into this state without obtaining a Georgia importation permit; provided, however, that any person transporting a raptor into another state shall obtain any permit or license required for such activities by the state into which the raptor is transported. A falconry permittee may import into this state a legally acquired raptor without obtaining a Georgia wildlife importation permit provided that a properly completed federal Form 3-186A Migratory Bird Acquisition/Disposition Report shall accompany each raptor during importation and the permittee complies with all applicable requirements of the state of origin.(Original Rule entitled "Falconry Permits" adopted. F. May 28, 2013; eff. Jun. 17, 2013.)
O.C.G.A. Sec. 27-2-17.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.