(1) Persons receiving esthetician instructor
training in a cosmetology or esthetician school shall spend all of their
training time under the direct supervision of a licensed instructor and shall
not be left in charge of students or schools at any time without the direct
supervision of a licensed instructor.
(2) Persons receiving instructor training are
not permitted to perform clinical services on a patron for compensation, either
by appointment or otherwise.
Persons receiving instructor training shall be furnished a teacher's training
The curriculum in a
cosmetology or esthetician school, for an instructor training course, must be
completed within nine (9) months for a total of 500 credit hours of training as
stated below. For the purposes of this Rule, one (1) credit hour equals one (1)
(150) - (150 credit/150 clock hours):
1. Cosmetology and Barber Laws and rules =
(25) - (25 credit/25 clock hours); and
2. Principles of teaching of esthetic = (125)
- (125 credit/125 clock hours).
Teaching techniques and audio visual aids
= (175) - (175 credit/175 clock hours):
plans and presentations;
Classroom management and discipline;
4. Demonstrations and Theory lectures;
5. Various methods of
teaching = (175) - (175credit/175 clock hours).
Ga. Comp. R. & Regs. R. 240-16-.04
entitled "Curriculum for Esthetician Instructor Training" adopted. F.
Dec. 21, 2016; eff.
Jan. 10, 2017.