The Board shall give credit for any
course given by any recognized national, regional or state dispensing society
or association if such courses are made available to all licensed opticians on
a reasonably nondiscriminatory fee basis.
Some examples, non-inclusive, of such recognized national or regional
dispensing society or association are:
* Opticians Association of America (OAA)
*National Academy of Opticianry (NAO)
* South Eastern Opticians Conference (SEOC)
Some examples, non-inclusive, of such
recognized state dispensing society or association are:
* Opticians Association of Georgia (OAG)
* Professional Opticians of Florida (POF)
* North Carolina Opticians Association (NCOA)
* Tennessee Dispensing Opticians Association (TDOA)
* South Carolina Association of Opticians (SCAO)
(2) Any group of ten or
more licensed opticians may arrange for an education program and they must
request prior Board approval.
Any program other than those sponsored by a national, regional or state society
or association must submit said program approval by the Board ninety (90) days
prior to the program date. The request shall include the following documents or
(a) Letter of request;
(b) Copy of proposed promotional material
showing the name and date of the program;
(c) Location and time of program;
(d) Names of instructors and
(e) Number of credit hours
(f) Method of
notifying attendees; and
of attendance certificates to be used.
(4) The certificate of attendance shall not
be issue d until the program is completed and the method of monitoring must be
reported to the Board prior to the program date.
(5) Credit will be allowed on the basis of an
hour for an hour. To receive one hour credit, an optician must attend a class
for one full hour. However, the Georgia Board will accept no more than eight
(8) hours of continuing education obtained in one twenty-four (24) hour
(6) Post-approval of
continuing education courses will not be granted.
Ga. Comp. R. & Regs. R. 420-9-.03
Original Rule entitled
"Continuing Education Program Approval" adopted. F. Mar. 30, 1990; eff. Apr. 19, 1990.
F. Jan. 20, 2015; eff.
Feb. 9, 2015.