§11-19-4 - Responsibilities in emergency circumstances involving drinking water.
§11-19-4 Responsibilities in emergency circumstances involving drinking water.
The primary responsibilities of DOH on all emergency circumstances involving drinking water shall be:
(1) To coordinate with other governmental agencies and the private sector to provide drinking water supplies to areas deprived of such supplies as a result of the emergency.
(2) To sample and analyze drinking water supplies to determine the existence and extent of potential contamination of drinking water supplies as a result of the emergency.
(3) To prescribe appropriate procedures to be undertaken by water suppliers and consumers to minimize health risk resulting from any such contamination of drinking water.
(4) To aid water suppliers, ifnecessary, in notifying consumers regarding the seriousness ofthe emergency conditions and measures to be undertaken by consumers to minimize health risks resulting from drinking water contamination.
(5) If emergency drinking water supplies are to be provided from an alternative water source, to determine whether the alternative source is safe and whether the means of its transport or delivery have made or are likely to make the water unsafe when delivered for consumption.
[Eff. 11/27/81] (Auth: HRS §§340E-5, 340E-9) (Imp: HRS §§340E-5, 340E-9, 42 U.S.C. §300g-2(a)(5))
The following state regulations pages link to this page.