§11-96-25 - Nursing service.
§11-96-25 Nursing service.
(a) Each program shall have nursing staff sufficient in number and qualifications to meet the needs of the clients.
(b) Nursing services shall be under the supervision of a registered nurse.
(c) If there are clients admitted who require skilled nursing, the services will be provided by a registered nurse or under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
(d) Nursing services shall include, but not
be limited to the following:
(1) Nursing assessment of each client and development of an appropriate plan of care by a registered nurse;
(2) Nursing observations and summaries of the client's status recorded monthly, or more frequently if appropriate, by a licensed nurse;
(3) Completion of all physician's orders with proper documentation;
(4) Supportive services for all clients to encourage them to participate in appropriate daily activities;
(5) Physical care to keep clients well-groomed, clean, comfortable, and protected from accidents and infections;
(6) Proper care to prevent decubiti, contractures or deformities;
(7) Coordination of an overall plan of care for each client, consistent with the physician's medical care plan and developed by the various disciplines involved;
(8) Frequent physical checks to insure that all clients are present and accounted for;
(9) Restorative and preventive nursing care including client and family education as appropriate for each client;
(10) Weighing each client at least monthly;
(11) Provision of emergency care, including arrangements for transportation;
(12) Notification of the physician of any marked changes in the client's condition; and
(13) Administration of medications or monitoring of self-administration of medication by clients.
(e) Nursing service space and beds shall be provided for the treatment of clients.
[Eff ] (Auth: HRS §321-11) (Imp: HRS §321-11)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.