§11-96-27 - Physical therapy services.
§11-96-27 Physical therapy services.
(a) Physical therapy services shall be made available in each center as necessary, and be provided under a physician's order, and shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Provide initial and continuing assessment of the client by the physical therapist in the formation of an individual plan of care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team;
(2) Progress notes written at least quarterly in the client's health record and signed by the physical therapist; and
(3) Treatment of clients to achieve and maintain maximum performance using physical means such as exercises, massage, heat, sound, or water.
(b) Physical therapy services shall be under the supervision of a physical therapist.
(1) A physical therapy assistant shall work only under the supervision of a physical therapist; and
(2) A physical therapy aide shall work only under
the immediate supervision of a physical therapist or a physical therapy assistant.
(c) Adequate space shall be provided for treating the clients and for storage of equipment.
[Eff ] (Auth: HRS §321-11) (Imp: HRS §321-11)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.