§11-96-34 - Recreation and social activities.
§11-96-34 Recreation and social activities.
(a) Every adult day health center shall provide a program of social and recreatioal activities that is supervised and directed by an activity coordinator to meet the needs and interests of each client.
(b) The activity coordinator's duties shall include at least the following:
(1) Participation in initial and continuing assessment of the client's needs for the development of the individual;
(2) Provision of a signed quarterly progress record and individualized activity plan in the client's health record;
(3) Posting of a schedule of planned activities in a central location readily accessible to client, family, guardian, or authorized representative;
(4) Involvement of clients in the planning of the program as appropriate;
(5) Utilization of volunteers as needed to implement the plan; and
(6) Utilization of the adult day health center's transportation to provide activities in the community as indicated by client's needs and interests.
(c) Each client shall engage in activities suitable to the client's needs and interests.
(d) The activity coordinator shall be a full time employee of the center.
(e) Space shall be provided that:
(1) Meets independent and group needs of all clients;
(2) Is accessible to all clients; and
(3) Allows adequate storage of equipment and supplies.
(f) Equipment shall be sufficient to meet the group and independent needs of each client.
[Eff ] (Auth: HRS §321-11) (Imp: HRS §321-11)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.