§11-96-37 - Social services.
§11-96-37 Social services.
(a) Every adult day health center shall have available social services as appropriate to assist clients and their families to solve social problems that arise as a result of the client's disability.
(b) Social services shall consist of the following:
(1) Providing initial and continuing assessment of the client by the social worker in the formation of an individual plan of care by the multidisciplinary team as appropriate;
(2) Maintaining signed progress notes in the clients' health record at least quarterly;
(3) Assumption of responsibility for implementation and coordination of the discharge plan;
(4) Providing referral to outside resources and assisting with counseling when applicable;
(5) Providing problem oriented discussion groups among clients;
(6) Serving as a liaison with the client's family and home; and
(7) Providing referral and follow-up for referred persons not appropriate for adult day health care.
(c) Social services shall be provided or supervised by a social worker.
(d) A social work assistant shall provide social services only under the supervision of a social worker.
(e) Space to allow privacy shall be provided for the social worker when counseling clients or families of clients.
[Eff ] (Auth: HRS §321-11) (Imp: HRS §321-11)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.