§17-658-6.1 - Requirements of the essential person or legal spouse.
§17-658-6.1 Requirements of the essential person or legal spouse.
(a) The designated essential person or legal spouse of the individual eligible for state AABD, who is under age sixty and not employed fulltime, shall be required to register for and actively seek employment through the state department of labor and industrial relations (DLIR) on a monthly basis and shall accept any bonafide offer of employment.
(b) A bonafide job offer shall be considered
to have been made when a prospective employer makes a verbal or written offer to the individual for a specific position that:
(1) Shall be available within one month from the date of the offer;
(2) The individual is capable of performing;
(3) Shall not be hazardous to the individual's health, safety, or well being;
(4) Will require no more than two hours of travel daily to and from work and home; and
(5) Shall provide the individual with at least one hundred and thirty-eight hours of work per month.
(c) An essential person or legal spouse of the individual eligible for state AABD, who is an adult under age sixty and is not employed full-time, shall be exempt from seeking employment if the essential person or legal spouse is:
(1) Required to remain at home to care for the AABD person in the absence of any other party to care for the AABD person on the basis of medical verification; or
(2) Unable to engage in any full-time employment for a period of more than thirty days from the onset of an illness, incapacity or disability as determined by a licensed
physician or psychologist.
[Eff 5/31/02 ]
(Auth: HRS §346-14) (Imp: HRS §346-14)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.