Sec. 19-104-4 - Types of permits.

Sec. 19-104-4 Types of permits.

Permits shall be as follows:

(1) Permits for single trip movements.

(A) Permits for single trip movements are issued for one, one-way or round trip movement of.overdimension or overweight vehicles and objects.

(B) These permits shall be valid only for the specific date, time, vehicle, and route designated in the permit.

(2) Permits for continuous operation. Continuous operation permits for the movement of oversize or overweight equipment or vehicles may be issued for vehicles or combination of vehicles, providing:

(A) The movements shall consist of specific oversize or overweight vehicle moved under its own power or a designated equipment or load to be mounted and moved on specific vehicle or combination of vehicles;

(B) The movements shall be made over a specific route or within a restricted area;

(C) The movements shall be made during the hours specified in the permit;

(D) The duration of the permit shall not be for more than one year; and

(E) The width of the vehicle or load is less than 12 feet and the overall length of vehicle or combination of vehicles is 70 feet or less (agricultural equipment which is operated or moved in the course of normal agricultural operations and within the geographic area in which it is normally used shall be exempt from this restriction).

         [Eff MAY 30 1981 (Auth: HRS Sec. 291-36) (Imp: HRS Sec. 291-36)

The following state regulations pages link to this page.